Re: RIP Ken Coleman

At 03:29 PM 8/21/2003, Sean Smyth wrote:
>Aaron wrote:
> > At 12:33 PM 8/21/2003, Bob Nelson wrote:
> > >I think Ken also did B.U. football (right before that
> > >athletic program
> > >was discontinued) on WBUR.
> >
> > WBUR stopped carrying BU football games at least a few years before the
> > football program was cut in 1997 (my senior gear...grrrr)
> >
> > I believe it was either on WROL or WCRN that carried the BU football
> > coverage.  And, of course, WTBU provided their own coverage and commentary
> > as well.
>
>I don't remember Ken ever doing BU football. He did Harvard games for a few
>years for Kelly Sports, when Harvard games were on 1150, in the early- to
>mid-1990s.
>
>After WBUR dropped BU football broadcasts they were on 1510 in its
>pre-sports WNRB days, with Rich Levine and Bernie Corbett announcing. (1510
>didn't go sports until late 1997, IIRC.)

I'll buy that, Sean...I never listened to BU football games except via
WTBU; my guess on WROL and WCRN are vague memories that the BU hockey games
were on those stations and guessing that the football might've been there too.

Sad as it is, the BTUFF (Boston Terriers United For Football - the Terrier
is BU's mascot) web site is STILL active, although the datestamp on the
bottom of the homepage is December 1998.
http://www.btuff.org