Re: Fwd: Radio station to resume broadcasting Friday

At 05:59 PM 8/20/2003, Laurence Glavin wrote:
> >DATE: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:34:52
> >From: Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com>
> >To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
>
> >Radio Free Brattleboro plans to return to the air on >Friday:
>
> >Larry Weil
> >Lake Wobegone, NH
>

>There's  a Vermont Public Radio station on 107.9 broadcasting
>from atop Mt. Mansfield.  One time I went canoeing
>and bicycling up there and I could get the 92.9 that's also
>on Mansfield.  The station may not be "local" quality,
>but it could come close to the signal strength of WFCR I believe.
>
>Laurence Glavin

Doubt it...WVPS is about 115 miles from Brattleboro.  It's 40dBu contour
barely reaches Claremont...which is still a fair hike from Brattleboro.

However, I can see Vermont P.R. being annoyed with RFB and snitching on
them.  I can also see why RFB didn't try for a LPFM on that
frequency...WVPS is a Class C and you gotta be waaaaaaaay far away from a
Class C to meet the minimum-separation requirements for LPFM on co-channel.