RE: Radio station to resume broadcasting Friday

> There's  a Vermont Public Radio station on 107.9 broadcasting
> from atop Mt. Mansfield.  One time I went canoeing
> and bicycling up there and I could get the 92.9 that's also
> on Mansfield.  The station may not be "local" quality,
> but it could come close to the signal strength of WFCR I believe.
>
> Laurence Glavin

WVPS (107.9 Burlington) has become, in a sense, the flagship of VPR.  The
signal overlaps many of the other local signals around the state.  Here in the
Middlebury area, I can catch 107.9 as well as WRVT (88.7 Rutland).  (107.9 has
much cleaner processing so I prefer it over the other.)  As for WEZF (92.9
Burlington) was coming in like a local from Morrisville to Stowe on Rt 100.  A
signal disappointment is WOKO (98.9 Burlington).  I'd trade its 100kW from So.
Burlington for a 50 kW (or equivalent) on Mt. Mansfield anyday.

Bill O'Neill
Vermont transplant from the Merrimaque Valley, Mass.