Re: WJIB-AM 74 music on weekends???

Curious. The Wellington Circle trio (590, 1090, and 1430--but especially
590, because of its directional pattern) should do well at Quincy Market.
The distance is small and the path is salt water most of the way. Because
there is hardly any salt water between Lexington and Quincy Market, I would
expect 1150 to be one of the poorer signals. 1150 is one of the few (maybe
the only) Boston-licensed AM signal that does not meet the old 25 mV/m
criterion in the COL's "major business district". There is also hardly any
salt water between Needham to Quincy Market, so although I would expect 850,
because of its lower frequency, greater power, and more efficient antenna
system, to do better than 1150, I would not expect it to be one of the
stronger AM Signals at Quincy Market. Also, Needham is relatively far from
Quincy Market. In addition, I never knew that air conditioners affected AM
reception. The motors are ac induction motors and as far as I know, they do
not produce RFI. What else is there in an air conditioner that could cause
interference?

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367