WJIB-AM 74 music on weekends???

I was in Cambridge/Boston for the MIT Swap Meet this past weekend.

I was surprised that Bob's station was playing music all day Saturday and
Sunday instead of the leased-access programming that's normally carried
those days.  Has the station added more music days in addition to
commercial-free weekdays?

P.S.: I love what you've done to the music mix, Bob.  And JINGLES and
SWEEPERS?  COOOOL!!!!

I remember when years ago the station was mostly instrumentals (first time
I was in Boston was back in 1992 or so and remember hearing that station
and really dug it.  WPAT here in the NYC area was still going strong with
the same Beautiful Music format).

It sure made my weekend.

I also managed to listen to a bit of LTAR with Bob and Dan.

The only problem is AM reception in the Faneuil Hall/Quincy marketplace is
HORRENDOUS! There's loads and loads of RFI if you stand outside next to
those buildings.  There was no AM 74 signal at ALL there.

I can't pick up anything but maybe AM 68, AM 85, AM 1030 and maybe
sometimes AM 1150 -- and that's only around wintertime...probably when the
airconditioners are off.

--
Sven Weil
New York City, U.S.A.