Re: All Comedy (was LTAR)

<<On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:09:38 -0400, SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com> said:

> [Re Boch auto dealership spots:]
> Again same exact spot that's run for years.

Not quite -- now it's voiced by Ernie Jr. rather than his late
father.

> Why do business owners think they can do a better job with their ads
> than by using a real announcer?

That's not why they do it.  Most of them, I suspect, know all too well
that they aren't as technically adept as professional voice talent,
but are more concerned with either hearing their own voice on the air,
or connecting directly with their customers.  Ernie Boch Jr. probably
voices his own spots for the same reason that the Tatelmans do theirs.

-GAWollman