Re: EAS(was Major Power Outage)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Cole" <dwcole@comcast.net>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: EAS(was Major Power Outage)

> I've noticed when there is an EAS it is carried on all the stations on my
> cable system, so I assume that, at least when it involves cable tv, the
> stations have no say in the matter.  My cable comes out of Portsmouth
> (Comcast) so I get stuck with alerts more relative to southern NH than
> southern Maine...which is why I usually ignore the damn thing.

My cable system does the same thing, but they apparently have their
equipment set so it only takes alert for the local area (coastal Cumberland
and Sagadagoc Counties).  The cable system ran the EAS messages for that
area but the Fox affiliate was carrying them for all of southern Maine so
there was alert after alert after alert as the storms moved across the
state.