Re: EAS(was Major Power Outage)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>

> During the Sox game on Saturday afternoon on the local Fox station, EAS
went
> off with thunderstorm warnings about 10 times in 90 minutes.  The storms
> were significant, but pretty typical summer thunderstorms.  I think
> activating the system so frequently will make it harder to get people to
pay
> attention when it really matters.  I assume that the issue is with the
> station and they could have decided not to run all the messages.

I've noticed when there is an EAS it is carried on all the stations on my
cable system, so I assume that, at least when it involves cable tv, the
stations have no say in the matter.  My cable comes out of Portsmouth
(Comcast) so I get stuck with alerts more relative to southern NH than
southern Maine...which is why I usually ignore the damn thing.

Dan Cole