Re: WZID 95.7 Manchester had trouble with EAS this early morning

> I noticed that WZID 95.7 Manchester NH had trouble with EAS this early
> morning.
>
> At 2:00 AM, give or take a minute, NWS / EAS alert was broadcast over WZID
> but under the music selection that was playing at the time. I could barely
> understand the message.
>
> For the next two hours until 4:00 AM everything was double. Two different
> songs / ads / announcements playing at the same time. It almost sounded
> like the local programming was getting mixed with a late feed of Delilah.
> This poor third shifter put up with it! Do I win a prize???
>
> John
> N1QGS
> 3rd shifter at H-P Nashua

They should give you the ovn shift. If there was a live person, that would
not
have happened.

Seems that any alarm to engineering failed as well.

Why is it when we hear something out of place, we just can't bring ourselves
to switching the station? How many times have you sat there with dead air
just
waiting for programming to start up again?

I lost count many moons ago.

-Lorraine-