Fwd: Re: NESN

>DATE: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:23:41
>From: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
>To: "Boston Radio" <boston-radio->interest@bostonradio.org>
>
>It just happened again.  The inning ended and it took >about a minute before
>the commercial came on.  Someone at NESN may be >looking for a job after
>tonight.

They're probably somewhat complacent because they don't
derive ALL their revenue from advertising; they get the
enforced stipend out of viewers who want more than basic
broadcast.
About $2.00 or more of my bill goes to the Red Flops channel,
the ESPN's and others of which I'm not aware, just so I
can get the newsies, A&E, and a few others.  Tiers within
"basic cable" channels are being talked about in metro NYC;
we have to get them here.

Laurence Glavin