Re: Western Mass radio

On 9 Aug 2003 at 22:40, Rick Kelly wrote:

> I've been listing to WARE since February, and believe me, they have a
> deeper and more intersting mix of oldies than their closest competition,
> WDRC-FM.  They also scored an amazing 0.4 in the Springfield book... first
> time in many years the station has even showed.

I tried listening to them again today, and I didn't think that much of the selection.  I found
their signal fairly weak at my hotel in South Deerfield and, to my surprise, I couldn't pick
them up at all on my Sony 2010 radio, which is supposed to be a good DX radio.  On the car
radio, they were weak.  They weren't much better in Amherst, but as I was driving home on
the Turnpike, I found that their signal was quite good even past Sturbridge.  I suppose they
have a pattern that puts more signal south and east than north and west.