Western Mass radio

WARE, WSNH, WMEX (formerly WZEN), and others use the original
"Deep Oldies" library I assembled in 1999 for WRIP and WZEN, but
in each case, the local programmer has then adapted it to the market.

GM/PD Gary James has fine-tuned Wimmex, and from what we see
has run away with the oldies audience throughout the region.

Programmer Emeritus Big Jay Fink of Stamford, CT (formerly WINE A/F,
KC-101, etc) is behind the unique flavor of WARE's "Real Oldies,"
which has taken off faster than any resurrected AM I've ever observed.

Passion for great radio, and some creativity, is "all" it takes.

BTW, does anyone know what the "embargoed" PDR ratings look like?

Dennis Jackson

Eli wrote:

I recently heard WARE when I was in Worcester at night (weak, but there)
and I disagree about them sounding like "any other" oldies station.

Roughly half the songs I heard WARE play from the mid-to-late 60's were
deeper songs than I've heard on WODS in quite a while, as WODS is now
only playing the most major overplayed warhorse oldies from that era. I
also heard none of the mid-to-late 70's disco and soft-rock that WODS
is now heavily featuring in rotation.

I've heard that Dennis Jackson and Gary James had a hand in programming
WARE's return to oldies, so it does sound somewhat like their WMEX-FM
in Rochester NH and the new oldies format on 900 AM (WOTW, soon to be
WSNH) in Nashua, which is more like how some other oldies stations used
to sound, but there's nothing in Boston that sounds like that anymore.