Re: Massachusetts Amber Alert

At 02:48 PM 8/8/2003, Tony Abruzzese wrote:
>According to a friend who was watching the Sox game on NESN,  Comcast did
>indeed break into the game with the Amber Alert. As was reported here in
>an earlier posting, my friend said that the alert was on all of the
>channels  that he flipped through.
>
>Tony

It's not NESN that runs the crawl or whatever, it's the cable
provider.  You mentioned Comcast but is it the Boston Comcast, the
Brookline Comcast, the Cambridge Comcast, etc etc etc?   These are all
separate networks, even though they're all O&O by Comcast.

I should've mentioned, I was watching at my house in Brighton, which is on
the Boston Comcast network (the old Boston Cablevision one).   I didn't see
any crawl, but now that I think about it, once I was making calls trying to
help WZBC, I stopped watching so a followup Amber Alert could've played and
I would've missed it.  There was more than one I'd assume...they're
supposed to be every 30 minutes until the child is found or until four
hours passes, after which traditional media methods are assumed to have
taken up the story)

I did hear the actual EAS alert on WZBC (probably the second one) and I
heard WZLX and WBUR announcing it manually.  A friend who also works at
WZBC said she heard it on WBCN and saw it on Channel 5 TV (she lives in
Cambridge...dunno if she has cable TV).