Re: More news on WJUL

At 02:41 PM 8/8/2003, rogerkirk wrote:
>Aaron Read wrote:
>
> >...The only thing the WJUL board seems to lack is an actual WJUL
> >alumnus who is NOT part of the station but instead works in the
> >broadcast industry.  It's possible no such person exists, or more
> >likely no such person is available in a practical sense.
>
>There is a WJUL alumnus who works for the FCC.  Wouldn't that
>be interesting!

If said person is willing to serve on an Advisory Board, I would strongly
encourage UMass Lowell to allow them to do so.  Said person could be an
invaluable resource.

Naturally, there would occasionally be times that person might have to
recuse themselves from meetings due to a conflict of interest.  But that's
no different than many other boards of advisors or trustees or
whatnot.   Strictly speaking, the Sun representative might also be forced
to recuse themselves from an advisory board meeting, too (or whatever the
board is called - the exact name escapes me at the moment).