Re: A Dying Business

--- rogerkirk <rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net> wrote:
> Those who recall the Mortuary ads on WKRP,
> may be amused to hear the ad for Atlantic
> Casket Company (of Saugus, MA) running on
> WBZ.  It's voiced by a BZ personality and
> is a "recreation" of a phone call (to
> Atlantic Casket) from a woman whose brother

I know it's sad, but one of the funniest commercials I
have ever heard was a spec spot that came from a
station in Northern Vermont.  The spot, for a funeral
home, featured two recently deceased friends watching
their bodies being wheeled to funeral homes.  One was
sent to the high quality home(the client) while the
other was sent to the "bargain funeral home".  No big
surprise here, but the client DID NOT decide to go
with that spot.

=====
Magic 104
North Conway, NH