Re: WSNH Is Still WOTW, Simulcast on WGAW...I'm Confused

Mark Watson wrote...
> And it appears that for now at least, the
> folks in Gardner can  catch "The Spirit" at 1340. I wonder what will
> WGAW do once the FCC approves  the sale of WOTW/WSNH? Last time I rode
> by the WGAW studio/transmitter building  last Fall, the building looked
> like it was in need of some work. Is there any  functioning studio
> equipment inside I wonder?

Dunno.  I drove past there several years ago (mid-ish 90s), and it looked
rather decrepit & abandoned even then.  At the time 1340 was simulcasting
WSRO...audio was horrendous.  When did 1340 cease local programming?  I
recall them still being local in the early 90s, though they sounded like
they were just barely hanging on.  Spot load was zilch & several songs
sounded like they were being played from cassettes.

Isn't "Spirit 900" kind of an odd handle for an oldies station?  Sounds
more like a religious station.