Re: Just noticed WOTW 900 AM playing "Great Hits of All Time"

Mark Watson wrote:
>   I caught a top of hour
>ID later (I think 11 AM) that had the "Drake" WRKO top of hour jingle (which
>WODS used to use as well) and then came whispered fast and buried "WOTW
>Nashua" then followed by 'Spirit 900 Nashua, Manchester, Andover, Fitchburg"

A rather ambitious ID isn't it?  I'm just outside Manchester and WOTW is
pretty iffy here.  I can't imagine they're listenable in Fitchburg or Andover.

>    Also of note, I heard a liner during the 11 AM hour Saturday introducing
>the latest weather, a female voice read the forecast, closing it with
>"that's the latest forecast from 106.5 FM, WMEX". Can someone explain that?
>Maybe Dennis Jackson is going to be involved in some sort of a programming
>role?

Or maybe they use one of those weather services where they upload a file to
your automation & they got the wrong one.  At WTPL we use Mark Rosenthal,
and he's always emailing us forecasts for other clients (we don't air the
wrong ones though).  WMEX is making little enough impact in their own
backyard...certainly no one is Nashua will have heard of them.