Re: Just noticed WOTW 900 AM playing "Great Hits of All Time"

  John Bolduc wrote:

> Just noticed WOTW 900 AM playing "Great Hits of All >Time" about 10pm this
evening.

> I was expecting to either hear a Nashua Pride baseball game >or the
syndicated talk shows that follow.  I'm not sure if they >are playing music
any other part of the weekday.

    This past Saturday morning I tuned in to WOTW just after 8:00, and heard
oldies with occasional liners dropped in. One of those liners mentioned
"Spirit 900, playing the greatest hits of all time". I caught a top of hour
ID later (I think 11 AM) that had the "Drake" WRKO top of hour jingle (which
WODS used to use as well) and then came whispered fast and buried "WOTW
Nashua" then followed by 'Spirit 900 Nashua, Manchester, Andover, Fitchburg"
then a 60's style sung jingle "another hour of music pow-pow-power". By 2 PM
they were doing brokered time Greek music and later doing birdfeed talk.
I've been checking in off and on every day and hearing birdfeed talk.
Haven't checked at night yet though. My guess is the new owners of WOTW may
have an LMA to start running the station, and we may see a format flip to
oldies? BTW, at least 50% of what I heard is not in WODS' regular rotation,
about 25% of the titles are pre-Beatles era oldies.

   Also of note, I heard a liner during the 11 AM hour Saturday introducing
the latest weather, a female voice read the forecast, closing it with
"that's the latest forecast from 106.5 FM, WMEX". Can someone explain that?
Maybe Dennis Jackson is going to be involved in some sort of a programming
role?

Mark Watson