Fwd: Car Ad Marathon on Channel 56

>DATE: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:34:06
>From: "Mark Watson" <markwats@comcast.net>
>To: "Boston Radio Interest" <boston-radio->interest@bostonradio.org>

>   A commercial break during tonight's 10 O'Clock >News on WLVI (Channel 56
>Cambridge/Boston) had 4 automobile ads in a row. >Jeep, followed by Honda,
>Lexus, and Nissan. The string was broken when a >commercial for "Pirates Of
>The Carribbean" followed to wrap up the break. I've >never seen more than 2
>car ads in a row until what I just saw, but 4 >competing car makes in a row?
>Anyone paying attention in traffic and ad scheduling?

>Mark Watson

I've noticed strings of automotive commercials on channel 56 and
other stations before.  I think they try to run them:
passenger car/SUV/truck/passenger car
or
minivan/passenger car/truck/SUV/passenger car
so that in a sense they're not competing directly.
On WBZ radio, I've heard a traffic report sponsored by Bernie and Phyl's
furniture followed directly by a Barry and Elliott
Jordan's Furniture spot!

Laurence Glavin