Re: RIAA Strikes B.U. & M.I.T.

At 03:59 PM 7/23/2003, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>Aaron "Bishop" Read wrote....
> > At WBRS we are about to (finally) embark on an ambitious multi-year
> > project  to begin transferring all our CD's (over 15,000) to MP3 form
> > for automation  purposes.  One key provision was that the ripping
> > stations and the network  hard drive server/array must be on an
> > indepedent LAN that's not assessable  to the Brandeis network
>
>Yikes!!  Every song on every CD??  Even stuff that might never ever get
>played?  How many terrabytes of storage are you gonna have?

Well, it's the plan...but I doubt it'll get to every CD.  We're just
starting with new music as it comes in.   I suspect that will be the most
the manpower can handle, and that the existing stuff in the library will
never really get touched except for specific genres (like Children's music
or Blues)