Re: RIAA Strikes B.U. & M.I.T.

Aaron "Bishop" Read wrote....
> At WBRS we are about to (finally) embark on an ambitious multi-year
> project  to begin transferring all our CD's (over 15,000) to MP3 form
> for automation  purposes.  One key provision was that the ripping
> stations and the network  hard drive server/array must be on an
> indepedent LAN that's not assessable  to the Brandeis network

Yikes!!  Every song on every CD??  Even stuff that might never ever get
played?  How many terrabytes of storage are you gonna have?

As far as keeping automation systems off any inter or intranet, I'm with
you 100%.  As long as I'm CE of this cluster our on-air network (studio
automation, production workstations, PDs' scheduling computers & traffic)
will not be accessible from anything else.