Re: WWZN

I can't believe that CCU needs any bug in its ear. Boston is one of the few
major markets in which the company isn't even close to the limit on the number
of stations it can own. If it's looking to buy--and we have to assume that it
is--it has to have its feelers out. What I'm sure that Lowry & Co don't want to
do, if they can help it, is start a bidding war for 1510. So they have to at
least give the impression of not being interested--even if they are. They are
way more skiled at deal-making than any of us are, and though every acquisition
is different, they probably even have a rule book on how to approach these
deals. You've gotta agree that if ABC and CCU are both involved (along, maybe,
with some smaller players), whoever wrote that the chances look dim of Rose
City escaping whole could scarcely have been more wrong. I think that the
minimum opening bid might just have jumped to $15 million or more ;>)

As for the Oak Hill NIMBYs, don't bank on the Vinikoor precedent killing their
chances. New Hampshire Supreme Court ruling or no, the town of Lebanon STILL
hasn't issued a building permit for WQTH! They did issue a building permit for
the 600W ND 1490 station for which Vinikoor also holds a CP--and the original
application for that station stated that it would use one of WQTH's four towers.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205