RE: Channel 6 audio protection

At 03:41 PM 7/17/2003, sid.javanet@rcn.com wrote:

>Matt wrote:
>I have a personal experience with this.  At
>Herkimer County Community College (Herkimer, NY, my
>alma mater) when they put WVHC (91.5 FM) on the air in
>the early 1990s, they were forced to vertically
>polarize its signal to protect WRGB's audio.

It's also close to "home" as well.   Just try to tune in WMBR 88.1 as you
drive down to Providence.  It disappears very fast to hash thanks to WLNE 6
in Providence.   The terrain and WMBR's comparatively low HAAT don't
help...but a lot of it is WLNE.

If you look at the non-comm band anywhere around Providence (as in, for
20-40 miles at least), you'll notice that many of them are skewed towards
vertical polarization.