RE: Channel 6 audio protection

> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:45:33 -0400
> From: Aaron Read <aread@speakeasy.net>
> Subject: RE: Channel 6 audio protection
>
> Just try to tune in WMBR 88.1 as you drive down to Providence.  It
> disappears very fast to hash thanks to WLNE 6 in Providence.
> The terrain and WMBR's comparatively low HAAT don't help...but a
> lot of it is WLNE.

Heading directly toward Providence, WMBR gets cut out by WELH 88.1 FM
Wheeler School, Providence RI (150 watts, transmitter in Seekonk MA)
long before (or if) there are any interference issues with WLNE's
audio.

WMBR used to come in, spotty and faintly, on a good tuner right in
Providence before WELH came on the air sometime in the late 1990's.

Before WELH, WMBR was loud and clear on a quality car tuner in the
Tweeter Center (formerly Great Woods) parking lot in Mansfield MA.
Now you get a WMBR/WELH battle there.

Heading south toward Providence on I-95, WELH begins cutting into
WMBR in the background around Sharon. They're a mess by Foxboro.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .