Re: Another gem from WMTW

Dan explained the concept of a double-play, and added:
>> (snip) In our next lesson, we shall tackle the issue of the infield fly
rule.....not! <<

it's a good thing you said "not."  otherwise, my head would have exploded and
you would be doing the morning show solo tomorrow.  ;-)
(Dan provides the first class news reports for my striving-to-be better morning
show...)

and for the benefit of the balance of the list, including those unitiated
baseball types, the infield fly rule is harder to decipher and understand than
the "magic" that makes David Allan Boucher's voice go from Morrissey Blvd. to
my car radio...
and no: don't even think about it.  i got my third class ticket in '77 at the
Customs House and promptly forgot it all.  mic on, meters move, sound in
headphones = all is well enough!

with that in mind: an "unassisted" double-play would be something such as:
Nomar snags a line drive and, catching the runner on second base halfway to
third, steps on second.  Nomar makes both outs.  unassisted.

and now, to keep this in a major league broadcast vein...

Who's on first.  What's on second.  I don't know's on third.

Chuck (call me 6-4-3) Igo