CJLS 1340 off the air

Sometime within the past two weeks or so, CJLS 1340 Yarmouth Nova Scotia
went dark. This follows their recent shift to 95.5FM according to a
recent issue of Scott's NERW.
When I did an AM bandscan a few minutes ago I found only a faint WNZS
signal on 1340 with CNN Headline news.

As far as I know CJLS was one of very few, if not the only, Class A
Graveyard AMers to operate with 5,000 watts, and a directional antenna.

Their three tower array on the shore of Cape Fourchu, just west of
Yarmouth, was easily visible from the water. You could  see it from the
CATferry on the way into Yarmouth Harbor.

And they put out a killer signal across the Gulf of Maine.

Rod O'Connor
Southwest Harbor, Maine