WTOS signal

Underneath the 105.3 in Kittery, I caught WTOS (105.1) Skowhegan, ME in
Durham, NH this week...I'm guessing they've finally finished work on the
TX at the summit of Sugarloaf/USA. The signal used to be spotty in
Portland. Now it's an easy catch down to Wells, ME (25 mi s of
Portland). Of course, it's tough to find places you can't get WTOS. I've
heard them in Calais, Bar Harbor, and Caribou, and now Durham, NH. About
10 years ago Fybush and I got them (albeit very weakly) in Andover,
Mass.

A couple of years ago the FCC allocated 105.1 LPFM in the Portland/South
Portland/Yarmouth/Freeport areas...hard to believe an LPFM could be
built on that channel anywhere in Maine, given the reach of the WTOS
flamethrower.

Sid Whitaker
Portland, ME