Re: Double letters in Boston-market calls

On 8 Jul 2003 at 11:25, dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:

> The most famous Boston-market call sign containing a double letter is WEEI
> (and in keeping with the "double" theme, it's been on two frequencies, 590
> and 850). Currently, there are three others that I can think of--WTKK
> 96.9, WWZN 1510, and WLLH 1400. Others have been WTTK and WKKT (both on
> 100.7), WSSH (both AM 1510 and FM 99.5), WKKU 1510, WTTP 1060, and WWEA
> 740. Can anyone think of others?

Well, there's WWBB in Providence.  And, going back far enough, there was WAAB.  And
now WAAF in Worcester.

Amherst used to have a triple-letter call, WTTT.  There used to be (and may still be) a
WWWW somewhere in Puerto Rico.  Has there ever been a KKKK anywhere?