Re: CBS & The Pops

Dave Faneuf writes:

>...everything from the Radio audio going out of
>sync with the TV video changed when the network took
>it over...

I figured that Viacom/CBS/Infinity would mess every
thing up.

>to stop sets that were excessive....even a major
>stop set during the fireworks (as did BZ radio).
>When did the 1812 Overture STOP being the prelude to
>the fireworks, and the Washington Post March kick
>off the fireworks instead of being the finale after
>the display?

According to the Globe, the different placement of the
1812 Overture was dictated by CBS. Keep in mind here
the old proverb about the Golden Rule: 'He who had the
gold, makes the rules".

Washington Post March? I was listening to the whole
broadcast on 'ERS from my fireworks viewing spot on
the Mass Ave Bridge, and I don't recall the Washington
Post March being played at all. Rather Stars and
Stripes Forever was played. Given that the newspaper
of record in this town is owned by an arch rival I
don't think the Pops is going to play the Washington
Post March on the 4th, the Glob(e) then might stage a
publicity embargo ...lol :-) :-)

> actually had praise BZ for their local coverage
>until I went into work today and one
>of my co-workers who was there told me that it was
>like being at a Channel 4 event.  TV video and audio
>was blaring all over the place to the point where he
>could't have a conversation with the person next to
>him.  Even Keith Lockhart was not interacting with
>the crowd because of the TV disruption.  I
>understand that BZ got a number of complaints

David Mugar needs to tell these CBS'ers to shape up or
ship out basically.

=====
73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)