Re: Clear Channel vs Office Of The Mayor

Cooper Fox asked:

>> Channel's beck and call.

>I know it's off topic...  But I always thought that it
>was Beckon Call?

The "Word Detective" notes:

  "To have someone "at your beck and call" means to have complete control over every action that person takes, to command their constant attention, and to have them standing ready to obey your slightest whim."

N.B. A brief quotation for scholarly purposes only.  For a more in-depth look, including etymology check out:

http://www.word-detective.com/100699.html

Scroll down to "Your wish is my illegal command."