Re: Clear Channel vs Office Of The Mayor

Maybe...maybe not.  Several Fenway residents came to a hearing on the issue (as reported by the Herald) and said they didn't want concerts blaring into their homes all the time.  Some shook their fists and demanded respect because they'd been there for thirty years.

Of course, Fenway has been there for more than twice that...so I say those dumbf**ks who think Fenway Park makes too much noise should up and move.  It's not like the Red Sox had the cloaking shield up on the Park the day they signed their first lease or anything.  These people remind me of the folks who moved to Concord and complain about airplane noise.  No wonder you got a house for a buck you moron - you're next to the AIRPORT!!!!

What should happen - and I'm really disappointed it didn't - was that BU should be building the Harry Agganis Arena (where the old Armory was) to accommodate a hefty amount of people...like 20,000...and then hold concerts in there.  It's enclosed, it's largely underused during the summer, it's not inconvenient to Storrow Drive and therefore the Mass Pike.   Make sure you build enough parking and you're golden.  But no...only 6200 seats.  How sad.

- Aaron