Clear Channel vs Office Of The Mayor

Tonight on WBZ's 8:00 news, a news item dealt with Clear
Channel's announcement of a Bruce Springsteen concert
(tickets go on sale in a few days) at Fenway Park and a
sound bite from woman in the licensing office at City Hall
stating that CC had not (as of the time she was taped) made
application for a license to hold said concert.  She advised
anyone buying tickets to be sure that they can get their money
back.  She also made oblique references to the fact the
concert might possibly not be approved.

Obviously, we have a very un-informed civil servant totally
unaware of the resources, power and influence at Clear
Channel's beck and call.

I certainly wouldn't want to be in her shoes.  Please, forgive her,
Father - she knows not of what she speaks.