Re: Clear Channel vs Office Of The Mayor

Actually, the mayor's office doesn't give two figs about voters in the Fenway.
For years, before the economic collapse and sale of the Sox, Menino was
advocating a huge new megaplex in the neighborhood despite the overwhelming
neighborhood opposition. I would add that voter turnout is really low in the
Fenway which is why the residents have almost always been ignored by mayors. I
lived there for a number of years and helped get the five votes on the Boston
City Council needed to kill eminent domain for the new stadium so I can speak
with some authority on the neighborhood. :-)

As far as NIMBY stuff, hey, people know there was a baseball team when they
moved into the neighborhood but I don't believe there has ever been a concert
there. The booking of Springsteen will only bring more acts to the ballpark
which could be terror to a neighborhood like the Fenway even thought they
already may be "used to it." Besides, who would want to see any band there?
The acoustics are dreadful! Can you imagine the sound, bouncing all around the
damn park ... "Come on up ... come on up ... for the rising ... for the
rising ..." Ugh. No thanks.