Re: radio, TV with gavel-to-gavel coverage of Bulger hearing

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
  I am glad WBZ radio is carrying it, as most
> of us have never heard
> how Billy handles his critics...

A couple things I noticed related to Howie Carr: at
one point Jack Williams of WBZ-TV noted that "you can
see Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr just behind
William Bulger, rolling his eyes".

Hmm--Jack, doesn't that guy also do a radio show?
But oh, that's right, he works for another company
(Entercom) and you wouldn't want to mention his
radio show, eh :) Naturally.

Also: On New England Cable News, Mike Nikitas said
they had gotten several emails from people who
didn't want to see Carr's face behind Bulger--
they wondered if the camera angle could be changed.
Nikitas said it was beyond their control (pool
cameras, no doubt). But when testimony resumed
later, Carr was not to be seen.