Re: New FCC ownership rules

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve" <stevewest106@hotmail.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "Boston Radio"
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 1:13 AM
Subject: Re: New FCC ownership rules

> I'm sure that's relevant information, but at this point ANYONE who is
> standing up in opposition to the new rules is okay in my book.

My complaint is that people like Moyers assume that anyone that disagrees
with their position is corrupt but never considers the conflicts of the
people on their side of the issue.

Why does it matter if one company can own TV stations covering 45% of the
country instead of 35%?  The stations broadcast network programming most of
the time anyway.

As for the cross ownership rules: I think Portland was better off when the
local newspaper and WGME were both owned by Guy Gannett isntead of now when
Blethen owns the paper and Sinclair owns WGME.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine