Re: Pat Whitley Replaces McCarthy & Vigue At WRKO

Beck's (awful) show WAS syndicated out of WFLA, but part of the deal for
Infinity's WPHT to pick up the show was to change the point of origination to
WPHT. CCU (or more specifically, its Premiere subsidiary) is still the
syndicator, but for probably a year now, the origination point has been the
studios of a competing group owner. As we all know, radio--among many other
businesses--makes strange bedfellows.

BTW, the buzz on the Philadelphia board at radio-info.com is that Beck has been
laying a gigantic egg at WPHT. In my opinion, based on what I've heard of the
show, Beck really deserves that degree of "success." But then, nobody else on
Infinity's "Big Talker" in Philly appears to be doing much better--
notwithstanding the 50-kW nondirectional Class A AM signal--far and away the
market's best AM signal. There seems to be general agreement on the Philly
board that the suits who run WPHT don't have a clue.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205