Re: WECB bit the dust?

At 01:36 AM 5/22/2003, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:
>From: "Aaron Read" <aread@speakeasy.net>
>I can't think anyone is listening to WECB...Who would want to spend time
>being ON it?
>
>$.02

Well, the same could be said for WTBU - Boston University's all-student
campus-only station.  www.wtburadio.com    Yet while I was there, and I've
been told for each year since and for MANY years before me, there was no
problem getting airstaff.  We frequently had 100-150 students on staff (I
know because I had to program in their ID cards into the key-card doorlocks
every semester...ugh)

Of course, with WTBU -there's no real alternative on campus for them to do
radio.  WBUR has VERY limited opportunities for students.   Whereas at
Emerson at least there's WERS (although it regularly turns kids away too).

http://wecb.emerson.edu