Re: Bob Ryan suspended one month

----- Original Message -----
From: "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 11:48 PM
Subject: Re: Bob Ryan suspended one month

> So the Blacklist of the 1950s was OK with you?

The Blacklist was created due to government pressure on the entertainment
industry.  It was not due strictly to private action.  The companies acted
because of government pressure.  As a result, it was not OK.  If the
studios, on there own without government involvement, decided not to hire
Communists, I would have no problem with that.

> Really?  Did someone suggest it was OK?

Joe did.  Or at least seemed to have a problem with the Globe taking action.