Re: Radio news service to be shut down by parent company

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Dan Billings wrote:

> NewsInMaine, a Portland business that has provided statewide news reports to
> Maine radio stations, will send out its last dispatches on Friday.
>
> http://www.pressherald.com/business/stories/030501briefcase.shtml
>
> WVOM used this service.  It featured long-time State House reporter Mal
> Leary.

That's a damn shame, I personally thought it was a cool service. I feel
bad for Pat Spekhardt, who left the Zone Corp and WZON for what at the
time seemed like a better oppertunity. At least they are all going to be
offered other jobs according to the article, I hate to see things like
this happen though.

Jeremy