Custom License Plates

I apologize for a mostly non-radio topic, but there is a tie-in here...

I noticed that there's another custom license plate available, now for the
Red Sox/Jimmy Fund.   I don't think it's a new plate, but it's being
advertised in the Globe so it's new to me  :-)

Does anyone happen to know exactly how an organization gets their logo on a
"special plate"?

After reading up a little at the RMV site
http://www.state.ma.us/rmv/rmvnews/index.htm#newplates it appears it's
usually fundraising for a particular non-profit, but I'll bet you that
there's lots of listeners to any radio station that would like to have a
custom "WBUR" plate or something like that.