Re: automation?

----- Original Message -----
From: "gf" <gff@attbi.com>
To: "SteveOrdinetz" <steveord@bit-net.com>
Cc: "Boston radio e-mail list" <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 3:01 PM
Subject: Re: automation?

> Cool 96.5 uses Enco and if you listen at midnight most nights you'll hear
> the system have a nervous breakdown.

That would be when the system is linking from one day's program file to
another.  At Saga's stations in Portland, they have had occasional problems
with that but when the system is configured and programmed correctly, the
system should link to the next day without only a split second pause.

I agree with Chuck's assessment of Scott.  When I worked at WYNZ, there were
rarely any problems with the system and when there were, they could usually
be traced to human error or a hardware problem but the system was very
stable and reliable.  All the other stations in the building used Enco and
the system was also reliable but my impression was that Scott was more
reliable.