Re: automation?

At 03:08 AM 4/21/2003 -0700, Cooper Fox wrote:

>--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> > I was having a conversation on another list about
> > automation equipment for
> > small and medium market stations
>

>I used to work with a guy in Northern Maine who has
>enough r2r machines, cart carousels, and sequencers
>stockpiled to run 2 or 3 stations.
>
>As far as computer automation goes it all depends on
>how much human involvement there is.  If there's
>someone around on a regualr basis(checking in at least
>once a day) you can always use Winamp.  In fact, I am
>pretty sure that there is a plugin that allows the
>player to operate as an internt station.  Should be
>fairly easy to adapt.
>
>The other option would be a program called Raduga.
>Seel for about $300 and works fairly crash-free.

The $300 of Raduga is not appropriate for radio stations for the same
reason Winamp alone is not: there is no way to ensure your Legal ID will
play "Hourly, as close to the hour as feasible, at a natural break in
program offerings."
CFR 73.1201
http://www.hallikainen.com/cgi-bin/section.pl?section=73.1201

The $650 version of Raduga can handle this quite nicely, though.