Re: automation?

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> I was having a conversation on another list about
> automation equipment for
> small and medium market stations

I used to work with a guy in Northern Maine who has
enough r2r machines, cart carousels, and sequencers
stockpiled to run 2 or 3 stations.

As far as computer automation goes it all depends on
how much human involvement there is.  If there's
someone around on a regualr basis(checking in at least
once a day) you can always use Winamp.  In fact, I am
pretty sure that there is a plugin that allows the
player to operate as an internt station.  Should be
fairly easy to adapt.

The other option would be a program called Raduga.
Seel for about $300 and works fairly crash-free.

--- Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:
> I was having a conversation on another list about
> automation equipment for
> small and medium market stations-- everything these
> days is either so
> expensive or so complicated, and I was wondering if
> any of you have
> insights or opinions on the subject. What automation
> equipment is
> reasonably priced and efficient, in your opinion?
> What features do you
> think are the most important for the smaller market
> station?  And if you
> had some bad experiences or used any automation
> equipment that was a
> disappointment, you can tell me that too-- I have
> heard several of my
> consulting clients express rather strong opinions
> about Arrakis, for
> example... Anyway, I am working on an article, and
> will only quote you if
> you want to be quoted!

=====
Magic 104