Re: WFVX Bangor's Fox 22

--- Rod O'Connor <rjoc@webtv.net> wrote:
> Just checked out the new WFVX Fox 22 for Bangor.
> This came on the air
> all of a sudden this morning. I just happened to see
> an ad for it last
> night during Nightline on WVII ABC-7.
> It is now on Adelphia's Cable Channel 10, displacing
> WCKD-LPTV30's UPN
> programming.

Actually, I saw it on cable Sunday night, I watched
"the Simpsons" on it.  I for one liked it better when
we had Foxnet, just because they came in clearer and
didn't always screw up and run local commercials over
programming like WCKD and WVII always did.  But its
still good to have a local FOX channel, in case I can
no longer afford cable someday

> As Jeremy mentioned, they have displaced WCKD's UPN
> programming on Cable
> Channel 10, but WSBK38 Boston is still on Cable
> Channel 11 with UPN.
>
> Wonder what will happen to WCKD ??

Oddly enough, WCKD is still on the air on UHF channel
30.  Back when WPXT out of Portland which used to be
on the cable system here switched to WB, WCKD tried to
dump UPN for FOX, but UPN would not let them out of
thier 5 year contract with them.  So what do you do?
Start a third TV station of course!  All the shows
that used to be on WCKD are now on Fox 22, and all
WCKD does now is run shopping network, except for
primetime when they show UPN...very clever of them...

Tony