Re: The Game is Over

----- Original Message -----
From: <RadioTony@aol.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: The Game is Over

> However, I posted it because I think it is important for people to know
what the American media IS NOT showing the American people.
> The media [both TV and radio] have almost completely ignored any news or
information about the Iraqi casualties while bombarding [pun intended] us
with press releases from the Pentagon.

Until the last few days, the reporters had very little ability to travel
into most of the cities in Iraq.  Last night, I saw stories on two of the
network newscasts that talked about civilian casualties and included video
of severely injured people in hospitals and also talked about the conditions
in the hospitals.

60 Minutes II did a similar story with interviews with people on the street
in Bashra complaining about the lack of electricity and water.

I think the limited coverage of these stories was a result of the lack of
access.  Until recently, reporters mainly only had access to hospitals in
Baghdad and the coverage there was manipulated by the regime so it would be
hard to tell what was really happening.

Along with reporting on the casualties, the media should provide some
perspective by talking about how the numbers compare with past wars.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine