Re: Group pressures Public Radio to air program

At 01:43 PM 4/7/2003 -0400, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Aaron Read wrote:
> > Which leads me to my point - why aren't college radio stations in Maine
>
>How many student-run college stations do we know have capacity for
>network feeds? I'm not talking about the NPR Affiliates or the pseudo
>college stations like WBUR that are mostly run by pros.
>
>This is an honest question.

The honest answer is that it's not as hard as you'd think.  Democracy Now!
airs live and repeats at least twice in the day on Free Speech TV, via the
DishTV network.  This is one of those 18" dishes and the rates are like
cable TV at home...quite reasonable.   Details at www.fstv.org

Also, DN! posts an archive of the morning's show on a site around 11am each
day.  That's how WZBC airs it - one of their guys wrote a simple script to
download it each day.