Re: Here & Now on Clear Channel

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> The only problem, NPR doesn't see itself as having a liberal bias.  I'd
> frankly have more respect for them if they admitted it.

That's because it's all in your head, Steve.

It would be like me going after the Wall Street Journal for a right-wing
slant in their NEWS pages as opposed to their EDITORIAL pages.

I have heard some moderate right-wing commentaries on NPR.  The person
doing them may not be a lock-step conservative, but on that particular
issue they "lean right."

The only difference is that both "right-leaning"
and "left leaning" NPR commentators make their case in an articulate way,
not ranting, raving and foaming at the mouth like your stereotypical WRKO
commentator.

Now...take the Pacifica station group.  You want left-wing....listen to
THAT! They make no bones about it and even sound like a pack of mad dogs
on the loose.  :-)

Then...shift your attention to cable's Fox-Snooze Channel.

It's a channel that may call itself unbiased, but almost ALL their
commentators (Alan Colmes) excepted are right-of-center, conservatives
(yes, even the master bull***** of them all, Bill O'Reilly).

As far as FNC's news content... what news content?  It's all talk shows!!

Sorry, but my idea of a cable NEWS channel is something like CNN Headline
News or New York One News - which is basically a non-stop 24/hour TV
NEWSCAST, not an hour of someone like Bill O'Reilly, Phil Donahue, Geraldo
Rivera or Mike Savage (acutual name is Michael Weiner) preaching to the
converted.

--
Sven