Re: Potential new LTAR hosts (Re: No more LTAR? Horrors!)

At 10:18 AM 3/31/2003 -0500, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

>Hmmm....
>
>I wonder if Garrett and Scott would like to do LTAR once in a while.  At
>least it would be easy for Garrett to co-host....since he is _IN_
>Cambridge after all.
>
>And maybe he can fix it up so the show can be done on "real audio". :-)

You know...not to detract in ANY WAY from the great job Bob has done on
LTAR, but does it really have to be a Bob/WJIB show?  I know that at least
a dozen of us on the list could host the show and do just as good a job
(albeit it'd sound different, but I think the quality would be
equal).   And I suppose there's no law that says it has to be on WJIB.  It
could indeed originate from WMFO, or WMWM, or Allston-Brighton Free Radio,
or even WBRS, just to name a few off the top of my head.

I know full well the feeling of plugging away on a show with limited
(although devoted!) listenership and I can understand if Bob doesn't want
to do it himself.  But d'ya suppose he'd let it move on to a "consortium"
of BRIG geeks with his blessing?