Good Idea, Bad Execution

I've been thankful that "The Zone" (WXZO Wilsboro//WEAV Plattsburg) has
been running CNN audio.  Great to take on the road.  The downside is,
they're obviously fully automated and CNN doesn't run tones.  They are
indiscriminately dumping out into a spot break.  Just now (1525) Amanpour
is about to answer a question regarding how the coalition troops are now
being 'greeted' by Iraqis.  She responds that it's a great question,
begins to go and then...bam, WXZO's automation (one hopes) cuts to a spot
break.  They then go to wx, a CNN Radio spec. report feed, and then flip
back to CNN audio.  I have to think that there is likely no easy way to
cutaway, but pulse and respiration at the board could at least dig into a
more "natural" break in the message.  Probably nowhere for a tech to even
stand in the broom closet studio.

Bill O'Neill