RE: A real EAS system

Bill O'Neill wrote:

>Interesting that listeners were considered bright enough back then to know
>that "somewhere around 7" was WRKO and "around 15" was WMEX, to the left
>of 10 was WCAP, the right, WBZ, etc.  FMers all seem to "point __" now.

Actually, WMEX would have been "halfway between 14 & 16"...not many radios
had a 15.  One thing that thankfully went away with the dot-com meltdown
was stations using 1-0-3-dot-3 or the equivalent thereof.  Now if we can
only get people to stop using periods to separate the month/day/year when
they write the date.  :-/